General IdCommons Action Items
This list was started based on a conversation between Eugene, Kaliya and MaryR on 3/18 and is a place holder to track open/proposed tasks and activities
Improving infrastucture is top priority - Goal is to have website and infrastructure set up by IIW
- Identify and investigate (evaluate quality and cost) of services that specialize in outsourced operations for non-profits. (Accounting, IT, etc.)
- Follow-up with Fen to see if he has fully connected with Stas about providing sys admin support courtesy of Parity (Eugene)
- Investigate using Mailman mailing lists and getting it openid enabled (also i-card enabled) (Eugene to follow-up with Phil)
- Continue wiki moving work
Holding Space and Brand
- Consider moving identity-gang mailing list to IdCommons branded mailing list once it is available. (Need to consider trade off brand vs. potential disruption on list.)
- Logos for community participants to put on their websites. Five to start - Member idCommoms, member of Identity Gang, etc.
- Need to have online resources that projects can leverage so that we can make this a selling point for a group to come to IdCommons
- Create a Community Outreach and Development Plan (Evangelism that should be done if we can raise the $$$)
- Get existing community members (the next ring of people) up to speed on the current state of IC.
- Identify community members who want to be mentors to new/emerging working groups.
- Create new working group kit (step by step clear outline) (This will reduce burden of getting new groups on-board and encourage new groups to come on-board)
- Existing autonomous organization
- Subgroup, or committee, or project of an autonomous organization
- Groups of people who want to form community groups of IC but have no formal affiliation.
- Need to fix the working group list on the wiki and correct statuses as errors were introduced during a previous round of edits. (Eugene knows correct content.) Action Groups
- Institute a practice for spending $$ (Short and Long term) Budget Process
- Identify and budget for outsourcing
- Institute a procedure under which money can be given to IdCommons for use by a specific group. (So that there doesn't have to be a stewards vote to disburse the $$)
- Create outreach plan - Identify candidates like Doc Searls.
- Have quarterly reports be done directly on wiki.
- IIW 2008A sponsor solicitations have already been sent out.
- Review current budget and draft proposed "ideal" budget based on incremental funding (Needed for discussions with potential incremental sponsors.)
- Create interim (pre June) fundraising actions list
- Create IIW 2008B synchronized fundraising plan